Jamie Lee Curtis: Age naturally!

Actress Jamie Lee Curtis who admitted to getting Botox injections and liposuction in the past states that she will never go under the knife again because she believes it will mostly end up looking weird for those who get plastic surgery. Now she is going public and tells how she feels about aging and beauty.


-



Cosmetic surgery is the worst thing she’s ever done! Jamie said none of it worked and it made her look worse and feel worse.


Jamie was addicted to painkillers after some cosmetic procedures failed. One of her regrets is liposuction:


“I remember going to the Emmys wearing a beautiful silver Pamela Dennis silk jersey dress. A few weeks later, one of the tabloids had a picture of me in it with a circle around my stomach. There was a little balloon that said something like, “Somebody better lay off the Cheetos.” I kind of panicked. I tried a little liposuction to make it go away, and there were complications. I think I felt that I was very well known for my figure and needed to keep that up for my work. And I regret all of it. I felt fraudulent and very shameful.”


-


-


In 2002, Jamie decided to post her figure in a sports bra and briefs and letting her ‘flabby’ thighs show because she didn’t wanted to maintain the Hollywood myth of her sexy, toned physique any more. She said: “I want to do my part to stop perpetuating the myth that I participated in. I do not want the unsuspecting 40-year-olds of the world to be deceived.”


Jamie told about her obsession with anti-aging in her new blog on The Huffington Post:


“I am appalled that the term we use to talk about aging is ‘anti,’” vents the 53-year-old actress in a post titled ‘Anti-Anti.’  “Aging is as natural as a baby’s softness and scent. Aging is human evolution in its pure form. Death, taxes and aging.”


-


-


She thought that it was wrong when many older actresses were under pressure to change their appearance so as to keep their jobs in the movie business.


“Everybody is saying that to get jobs you have to dye your hair and get injectables. It’s a conspiracy, a complete catastrophe, a surgical industrial complex. Somehow we are being fed this belief that to continue on we have to do this. Yet people are being disfigured. It’s shocking what people are doing to their faces”, said Jamie.


In spite of this thought, she admitted that as an actress, looking older meant less work:


“There are people who, when you see them on the screen, there’s an audible gasp of, ‘Oh my God. They look terrible.’ Or they’ve done something to themselves and now look like freaks. There is only one Meryl Streep and one Sigourney Weaver. But I could name 30 other actresses in their (age) groups who aren’t working today.”


Telling about the realities of Hollywood stars, the actress confided:


“In America, we celebrate youth and all youth’s indiscretions and follies. We cling to the shiny new thing, we stare at altered photographs and wonder why we don’t measure up. If you stripped away all the airbrushing and injectables and stylists and talented make-up and hair teams and the thousands and thousands of dollars spent on any one image, and you look at them in the mirror — the deep dark truthful mirror — you might just see yourself.”

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Hayley Atwell plastic surgery

‘The Bachelorette’ Desiree Hartsock and the plastic surgery rumours

Susanna Reid plastic surgery